Introduction: Ice Scream Skulls
This was also my very best attempt in making an Apple Cider Vanilla Ice Cream, as I wanted to incorporate some fall flavors. To make it spooky, I added some black food coloring. Also the recipe is for a "No-Churn" ice cream, made without using an ice-cream machine. The whipped cream base ice cream works better with the molds.
- 苹果酒 - 3杯减少到1杯，仅使用1/2杯
- 红糖 - 3/4杯
- Heavy Whipping cream - 2 cups
- 甜浓缩牛奶 - 3/4杯
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tbsp
- Black Food coloring - 10-14 drops
- Unsalted Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Unsweetened Chocolate - 4 Oz
- 盐 - 1/2茶匙
- Sugar - 1 Tsp
- Eggs - 2
- 通用面粉 - 1杯
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
- Pitted Cherries - 1/2 cup
- Raspberries - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Basic kitchen tools - Pots, Spoons, Ladle, Whisk, Cookie Sheet, Loaf Pan, Measuring cups and Spoons.
- Skull Mold - I got mine from Amazon (Link -Skull Mold)
- Mixer - A hand mixer or stand mixer would be helpful. But the heavy cream can be whipped using a whisk as well.
- Waffle maker
- 锥形 - 我制作了纸锥并用来模塑锥形
- Sieve - If you plan to make a smooth berry sauce
- Dropper - To inject berry sauce onto the skull (optional)
Ice Cream Recipe
This ice cream recipe will suffice to make 8-10 ice cream skulls scoops and provide for the the filling of the cone.
- Note: It takes about 30-35 minutes to reduce to less than 1 cup. This step is important as the excess water gets evaporated and formation of any ice crystals in the ice cream can be avoided. Also, the flavor of apple cider gets more concentrated.
- Beat the mixture on speed 4 for 1-2 minutes until stiff peaks were formed.
Step 2: Formation of Skull Cones
I saved half of the ice cream mixture in a loaf pan and put it in the freezer. This will be used to fill the cones. Used the other half of the ice-cream mixture to make the skull shaped ice cream scoops.
- Overlay the top half of the mold onto the bottom half to allow for the skull formation.
- Put them back in freezer to store them.
Step 3: Chocolate Waffle Cone
- In a small bowl, I added butter and unsweetened chocolate and placed them in the microwave for 20 seconds. Gave it a stir and placed it in the microwave for another 15 seconds to make sure its completely melted.
- Meanwhile, placed the waffle maker on the stove on low-medium flame.
- Poured less than 1/4 cup of the waffle cone mixture in the middle and gave it a press. Let the waffle cook for 30 seconds. Depends on the waffle cone maker. I did not use any spray as mine had a non-sticky surface.
- 注意：我用了我自己的纸锥。如果您有任何或获得锥形制造商 - 可在亚马逊/烘焙用品商店可用，您可以使用Cone-Esque对象。
Step 4: Bloody Berry Sauce
To show some impact of the broken glass, I wanted to show some blood. What better way to pair the Apple Cider Vanilla Ice Cream with a Berry Sauce.
- In a pot, I added half cup of pitted Cherries and half cup of Raspberries (I used berries from my frozen smoothies fruit bag)
- Once the sauce thickened, I passed it through the sieve to get a smoother saucy consistency.
Step 5: Presentation
The extra ice cream for the cone and the skull cone scoops were taken out from the freezer prior to serving.
- Filled the cones with the ice cream, I used a spoon
- Placed the skull cone scoops on top of the cone
- Using a dropper, I added some bloody berry sauce to mimic the blood oozing out of the skull.
That's it!! Creepy Skull cone are ready !!
Thanks for checking out this instructable. I hope you can try it as well. Any flavor profile would work with these molds as long as its whipped cream based. I am entering this project for the Halloween Contest - Food category. If you like it, please give it a vote :)
Participated in the